Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not connecting to Mac after Monterey update

Just downloaded Monterey 12.0.1 and I have now got issues with my iPhone 13 Pro as it has lost connection to my MacBook via USB.

Initially it connected and showed up on the left hand side, then all of a sudden disappeared and it wont connect back to it.

I have followed the instructions below but the iPhone is not visible in the USB Device Tree

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204095

Anyone had the same problems or know how to solve this?

Thanks

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 12:10 PM

Hi Neil Egan,

We see you're having trouble connecting your iPhone to your Mac after updating to macOS Monterey.

When following through the steps in If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, did you see any prompts in Finder on the Mac? Or on the iPhone to "Trust" the computer? Also, take a moment to restart both devices and then try to connect the iPhone again.

Let us know and we'll continue from there.

Cheers!

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2021 12:10 PM in response to Neil Egan

Hi Neil Egan,

We see you're having trouble connecting your iPhone to your Mac after updating to macOS Monterey.

When following through the steps in If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, did you see any prompts in Finder on the Mac? Or on the iPhone to "Trust" the computer? Also, take a moment to restart both devices and then try to connect the iPhone again.

Let us know and we'll continue from there.

Cheers!

Mar 25, 2022 3:10 PM in response to kokomaz

Two very nice Apple representatives tried on the phone via screen sharing to resolve this, but both were stumped. The senior rep said she thought it could be a problem with my installation of Monterey, though everything else seems to work. She recommended running disk First Aid, which I did with no result, but she thought I might need to reinstall the OS. Unfortunately the download originally took over 20 hours (DSL), and I did it at the beginning of spring break so I could get it done without disrupting classes. So it will probably be summer before I can safely try a new installations.

Mar 25, 2022 12:02 PM in response to Neil Egan

I have had the same problem after updating to Monterey. Tried all the recomendations and no luck . Contacted apple support, same recommendations where given with no result. Even bought a new apple cable from apple store still cannot connect and backup my iPhone.

Is this a way to force us to backup on iCloud ?

Very frustrating.

KM

Mar 21, 2022 11:23 AM in response to betterview

I'm having the same problem - the phone "sees" the Mac (asks if it can trust it), and the iPhone appears in the System Information / USB list. I have the finder preference to show i-devices in the sidebar. I've rebooted both machines, and made sure the phone was unlocked. But it still doesn't appear in Finder.

Also, when I tried to contact Apple support the "telephone call" options failed repeatedly, and someone/thing briefly answered the Messenger path way, but then that went quiet.

Mar 26, 2022 12:59 AM in response to spfrysinger

Thanks for your reply . I tried disk First Aid, still no luck. What I find strange is that I can import my photos to my Mac through the " photos " app as it recognises my iPhone on that app. But there is some problem with Finder recognising the iPhone.

When I contacted apple support, the last thing they said was that to uninstall any anti virus programs on my Mac. I use Avast , so I did uninstall it and restart and when through all the recommendations again and still I get the same result. I did this reset a number of times (with avast installed again) and one time it recognised my iPhone . To make sure this was a real fix , I took out the cable and put it back in and I got the old message again " The selected device could not be found " .

For me, it will be very difficult to reinstall the OS as I constantly have to use the computer for work and can not risk any major delays if something goes wrong.

Seems like quite a number of people having this problem.

iPhone not connecting to Mac after Monterey update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.