Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 camera default aspect ratio

Can I set ratio 16:9 in camera as default?

When I open camera, by default ratio is 4:3, I can chose 16:9, but when I close camera and open again later, camera has ratio 4:3. Would be nice if camera remembers my last ratio. Only aspect ratio if can be set as default not other settings.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 1:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 7:22 PM

Hello, ankure_er.

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re looking for ways to preserve the camera settings that you set in the Camera app on your iPhone. 

This article will outline the settings that you can save:

Save camera settings on iPhone - Apple Support

• Open the Camera app and set your aspect ratio to 16:9. 
  • Without closing the Camera app, open Settings > Camera > Preserver Settings and enable Creative Controls. 

This will ensure the aspect ratio is preserved when you open the Camera app again.

Warmest Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2021 7:22 PM in response to ankure_er

Hello, ankure_er.

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re looking for ways to preserve the camera settings that you set in the Camera app on your iPhone. 

This article will outline the settings that you can save:

Save camera settings on iPhone - Apple Support

• Open the Camera app and set your aspect ratio to 16:9. 
  • Without closing the Camera app, open Settings > Camera > Preserver Settings and enable Creative Controls. 

This will ensure the aspect ratio is preserved when you open the Camera app again.

Warmest Regards.

iPhone 12 camera default aspect ratio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.