Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Greyed out Numbers, Pages, Files, and Downloads on new iPhone after setup

I recently transferred data from old iPhone 7 Plus to new iPhone 12 using Quick Start, but Docs, Numbers, Pages, and Downloads are greyed out on new phone. I have not completed the activation process of new phone because I’m afraid of permanently losing important sheets & docs. Both phones have most current software update (14.6) I have backed up data from the 7 Plus to iTunes. I don’t really (intentionally) use iCloud, just the 5GB that comes standard. I can see photos (mostly), contacts, calendar, and notes that are stored on cloud, but Pages and Numbers folders are empty (so is Cloud Drive) even though these apps are toggled on in iCloud Manage Storage. I assume this means the docs/sheets I care about have not been backed up to cloud.

My questions are:

1. It is possible that these items are greyed out on new phone BECAUSE I haven’t completed the setup process and fully activated it?

1. Since I backed up to iTunes can I be confident that I can recover these files if needed?

Thanks!

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 4:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 7:51 AM

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, dawna24!

We see that you're having some trouble with documents not showing after transferring data to a new device. We'll be happy to see how we can help.

To answer your questions, it's definitely possible that you need to complete setup. Since you have the iTunes backup, you don't risk anything by completing the setup process. Once you've finished, if the data still isn't there you can follow Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup to restore the iTunes backup to your new device.

We hope that helps.

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2021 7:51 AM in response to dawna24

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, dawna24!

We see that you're having some trouble with documents not showing after transferring data to a new device. We'll be happy to see how we can help.

To answer your questions, it's definitely possible that you need to complete setup. Since you have the iTunes backup, you don't risk anything by completing the setup process. Once you've finished, if the data still isn't there you can follow Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup to restore the iTunes backup to your new device.

We hope that helps.

Cheers.

Greyed out Numbers, Pages, Files, and Downloads on new iPhone after setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.