Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wallet & Apple Pay Preferences Pane Not Available At This Time

I'm trying to access the Wallet & Apple Pay Preferences Pane on my M1 Mac Mini that I set up through migration assistant, but it's not listed in System Preferences. When I use Alfred search to open the preferences pane directly, I get the following error message:

"You can’t open the “Wallet & Apple Pay” preferences pane because it is not available to you at this time."

To see this preferences pane, you may need to connect a device to your computer.

I'd like to be able to use Wallet on this new computer. What do I need to do to get it to show up?

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 6:50 AM

Do you have Apple Pay set up successfully on another other devices? Is Apple Pay available in your region? Countries and regions that support Apple Pay

Yes, I have Apple Pay set up successfully on my iPhone and Apple Watch. I live in the US where apple pay is available.

Are these the steps you're using to try to Use Wallet & Apple Pay on Mac? If you have an iOS device, what happens if you connect to your computer? Are you able to complete the process of using the Wallet and/or Apple Pay at that point?

It seems that because my M1 Mac Mini does not have touch ID, I cannot use Apple Pay on the device. I didn't realize that!

Let us know!
Have a great day.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2021 6:50 AM in response to Leanne_68

Do you have Apple Pay set up successfully on another other devices? Is Apple Pay available in your region? Countries and regions that support Apple Pay

Yes, I have Apple Pay set up successfully on my iPhone and Apple Watch. I live in the US where apple pay is available.

Are these the steps you're using to try to Use Wallet & Apple Pay on Mac? If you have an iOS device, what happens if you connect to your computer? Are you able to complete the process of using the Wallet and/or Apple Pay at that point?

It seems that because my M1 Mac Mini does not have touch ID, I cannot use Apple Pay on the device. I didn't realize that!

Let us know!
Have a great day.

Jun 7, 2021 8:22 AM in response to ejdub

Hi ejdub,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with using Wallet and Apple Pay on your Mac. We'd like to help.

Let us know!

Have a great day.

Jun 9, 2021 7:56 AM in response to ejdub

ejdub,

Thanks for keeping us updated, and pointing out the Mac you're using is a M1 Mac mini.

For security reasons, you will need to approve an Apple Pay purchase with an iPhone or Apple Watch with Apple Pay enabled on it. These devices must be signed into the same Apple ID account to work. This resource can help:

Pay with Apple Pay in Safari on Mac

Hope that clears things up for you a bit more.

Take care!

Wallet & Apple Pay Preferences Pane Not Available At This Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.