Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal Hotspot not working at all

I have an iPhone XS, and the Personal Hotspot used to be working perfectly until I upgraded to iOS 14.6. When clicked to enable, a message pops up - "To enable personal hotspot on this account, contact Vivacom" Vivacom is our largest mobile provider in Bulgaria. It is not only me that has this problem. One other colleague of mine has bought iPhone 12 Pro (with 5G support), and the Personal Hotspot on her phone gives the exactly same message. I have tried to "Reset Network Settings" without success. All settings look correct, we have compared them with iPhone 11 of another colleague, whose Hotspot works. I have restarted several times, switched from LTE to 3G and restarted, but no success. The operator support knows nothing of this problem, and advised me to start looking on Apple communities for help.

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 2:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 2:16 AM

Use these steps first

Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS. On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings.

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi

The Hotspot is a carrier specific feature. Contact your carrier, if it is not appearing on your device.

Meanwhile, see the pic below

Also, check the following

1. Network coverage and stability
  2. Data Balance
  3. On your windows (See if WiFi Auto Joins is enabled)
  4. Also, check if you have any stronger WiFi signal around your computer.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2021 2:16 AM in response to Victor7399

Use these steps first

Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS. On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings.

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi

The Hotspot is a carrier specific feature. Contact your carrier, if it is not appearing on your device.

Meanwhile, see the pic below

Also, check the following

1. Network coverage and stability
  2. Data Balance
  3. On your windows (See if WiFi Auto Joins is enabled)
  4. Also, check if you have any stronger WiFi signal around your computer.

Jun 15, 2021 11:14 PM in response to SravanKrA

Sadly, your reply did not help at all. Personal Hotspot does not open.. Cannot be switched on. I have restarted, or shut down, numerous times. Nothing. It used to work fine when iOS was 13.x. I have upgraded to the latest 14.6 and now something is blocking "Personal Hotspot" from working. My notion is, being a System administrator for 25 years, that the very iOS is limiting it from being switched on. There are no controls that can help to switch this on.

Personal Hotspot not working at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.