Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Searching Apple Music using CarPlay

Is it possible to search Apple Music through the CarPlay interface or can it only be done using Siri?

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 2:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 6:41 AM

ihunter,

Those are the expected controls when using Music through your car's built in controls. You can check out Play music with CarPlay for more details.

You can always submit Product Feedback for this feature.

Take care.

4 replies

Jun 8, 2021 6:23 AM in response to i_rina

Hi i_rina

Thanks for the suggestions but it's not using CarPlay that I'm having issues with it's not being able to search for specific tracks, albums, artists etc. through CarPlay that's the issue. I have the tabs "Listen Now", "Browse", "Radio" and "Library" and all show suggestions and recommendations but nowhere can I find an option to search. I know I can search using Siri but that's not always accurate or specific enough. Search is there in Music on my iPhone but not in Music when being accessed through CarPlay so I'm either missing the obvious (a possibility) or there isn't a way to do it. :-)

Jun 8, 2021 5:57 AM in response to ihunter

Hello ihunter,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you’d like to know if you can use the CarPlay interface to search Apple Music. We’d like to help.

Check out Use CarPlay with your iPhone, specifically the section under “Use your car's built-in controls to operate CarPlay.”

You can use Siri or your car’s built-in controls to operate CarPlay.

“Cars supported by CarPlay should have built-in controls, such as a touchscreen, rotary knob, or touchpad. To learn how to operate your CarPlay display, check the manual that came with your car. You can also use Siri to control CarPlay, even if you have built-in controls.”

Have a nice day!

Searching Apple Music using CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.