Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 iMac with Big Sur access to Router

Since I had my new M1 iMac 3 weeks ago I have been unable to access my router. Never had a problem before. I can get into it with my iPad Pro but it is annoying. I have tried Safari and Microsoft Edge but still the same result.

Anybody else had this problem?

iMac 24″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 4:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 8:00 AM

sermain wrote:

Tried that. No good.
It works if I logon through parallels and W10.
just annoying.

Interesting. You've made a major breakthrough. Publish how you got Windows 10 to run in Parallels on an M1 Mac.

13 replies

Jun 11, 2021 1:35 PM in response to sermain

Do I have a Rescue Plan In-Place. This comprises having 3 Backups using 2 methods and 1 Off Site incase of Theft, Loss or Natural Disasters. A Time Machine Backup  is very useful and can be used to Revert to Previous Working macOS. For addition purposes - two Tested Bootable Clones each to separate external drives. This is insurance incase the upgrades goes sideways. At least one Tested Clone and / or Time Machine Backup should be Off - Site

Jun 11, 2021 8:07 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

If you go onto the Parallels site there is an update for the M1 Mac. You then need to download the W10 operating system from their site. It is a W10 Pro evaluation copy with no product code. I suspect that if you already have windows on your disk somewhere it might pick up the code. I removed mine before I re-installed. I will try and find Parallels link. https://www.parallels.com/blogs/parallels-desktop-m1/

There you go!!!!

M1 iMac with Big Sur access to Router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.