Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't multi select text in pages version 11.1 (7031.0.102)

Really need help with this. Whenever I used to multi select different text in pages I used to simply hold down the command button but this no longer works !!!!! Any ideas anyone

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 7:05 AM

5 replies

Jun 12, 2021 12:34 PM in response to Harpoongun100

The non-contiguous selection of text has been missing in all versions of Pages from Oct 2013 through the present. No workaround for this other than choosing a word processing application that permits this functionality.

LibreOffice Writer v7.1.4 (current as of this post) allows non-contiguous text selection using the command key.

Jun 13, 2021 4:53 AM in response to amir_k

Apple is not here. These are fellow user-supported communities and we simply have no internal Pages product team decision-making information. There is no third-party solution that will just enable non-contiguous text selection in Pages. If there had been a solution to this issue over the last 8 years, I would have mentioned it here.

You are welcome to send feedback to the Pages product team via the application menu.

Jul 7, 2021 2:34 AM in response to AutoLink

Notes is not a word processing application and uses different underlying technology than Pages. TextEdit allows non-contiguous text selection, and it too is implemented differently than Pages. Apple Mail composed content, like Notes, uses a similar underlying technology (HTML/CSS) but does not offer the same multi-selection capability.

Yes, consistency is absent.

Can't multi select text in pages version 11.1 (7031.0.102)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.