Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Confused about the "Extended Warranty by AppleCare" on my iPhone

So my iPhone 8 has been out of the 1-year limited warranty for quite a while and it has been showing

"Warranty Expired" in Settings--About--Coverage

Recently I noticed it has changed to "Extended Warranty by AppleCare", but I have never purchased any AppleCare product from Apple or mobile carrier.

Confused and wondering the reason why and what it means.

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 10:59 AM

The second image you provided indicates that either your cellular provider or an Authorized Apple Reseller included the AppleCare+ plan on this phone. Per chance are you making monthly payments on this phone? Regardless, I suggest that you contact the seller for assistance with this.

4 replies

Jun 24, 2021 11:14 AM in response to Tesserax

Thanks for your help :)

That’s where I get lost. I purchased the phone (unlock) in an apple store and it was one time paid in full, not with any program or promotion or special offers. And I am using a prepaid plan and I asked T-mobile (my current carrier) and got a negative feedback. Then I chatted with Apple Support but the progress seems tedious…

Confused about the "Extended Warranty by AppleCare" on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.