Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Calendar Events: Default Alerts

Copied from Herdsofnerds post, since there's no attention to this problem.

Reposting same issue as described in closed posts below (locked due to lack of response):

apple watch calendar default alert
Apple Watch new calendar entry - missing reminder

Issue: Calendar events created from an Apple Watch (via Siri) do not get any default alert assigned, regardless of 'Settings > Calendar > Default Alert Times' configured on the paired iPhone.

Similar to previous posts, have tried following before and after contacting Apple Support via chat:

restarting both devices
restarting both devices, but after first changing iPhone > Calendar > Default Alert Times' to 'None' and ensuring 'My Watch > Calendar' settings in Watch app was configured to 'Mirror my iPhone' before restarting; then, then setting new iPhone Calendar default alerts times again
unpairing and pairing Watch again - with restore from backup
unpairing and pairing Watch again - this time, *without* restore from backup (i.e. as new Watch)

Devices:
Watch Series 3 cellular, WatchOS 4.3
iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.3

Adding to his post: This problem makes calendar on apple watch useless for me. Making events on apple watch then having to open my iphone to set an alert so I don't forget about the event defeats the whole purpose of using the watch in such scenario. Fix it please this isn't acceptable at all.

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 2:58 AM

I just tested this on my S6 running watchOS 7.5. In my case the default alert time was picked up correctly.

Which software versions are you on now? Try changing the default alert time on your iPhone and see if that makes a difference.

Also try the same sentence on the iPhone as well. Hope this helps.

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Watch Calendar Events: Default Alerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.