Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 3rd Gen Rev A Apple TV freezes frequently when attempting to download Amazon Prime and other movies. Is this a fixable issue?

My 3rd Gen Rev A Apple TV freezes frequently when attempting to download Amazon Prime and other movies. Is this a fixable issue?

Apple TV (2nd gen)

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 11:44 AM

The Apple TV is a streaming device so no media will be downloading. If the issue is regarding buffering then that would be down to the connection, but if you're saying that the device is actually freezing up it signals something deeper. If it persists after a reboot then it would be advisable to restore it so it can go back to factory settings and reload the OS. If that still doesn't solve the issue then it could be the hardware, which is approaching 9 years now. You could then try contacting Apple in case they have any other suggestions.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2021 11:44 AM in response to MrFixit2021

The Apple TV is a streaming device so no media will be downloading. If the issue is regarding buffering then that would be down to the connection, but if you're saying that the device is actually freezing up it signals something deeper. If it persists after a reboot then it would be advisable to restore it so it can go back to factory settings and reload the OS. If that still doesn't solve the issue then it could be the hardware, which is approaching 9 years now. You could then try contacting Apple in case they have any other suggestions.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.