Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacbookPro's top-right portion of the trackpad seems to transform into a zoom function?...normal?

• MacbookPro's top-right portion of the trackpad seems to sometimes transform into a

"cmd+ double-finger-forward" zoom function

• Is this MacOS built-in or related, or just a "get it cleaned to remove toast behind keys" kind of situation?

Regards

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 3:05 PM

Hello James_M50, much appreciated.

It is probably a "clean it" situation but, I remember the surprises I had when trackpads were updated in the past.

After reviewing everything, the move creating the problem looks like this:

...and does not exist.

But, like you say, seems like a "remove the chips from under the keyboard" (by chips = potatoes :D ) to solve this.

I was verifying that it wasn't a trackpad update for which I didn't watch "the show".

Best regards! (ツ)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2021 3:05 PM in response to James_M50

Hello James_M50, much appreciated.

It is probably a "clean it" situation but, I remember the surprises I had when trackpads were updated in the past.

After reviewing everything, the move creating the problem looks like this:

...and does not exist.

But, like you say, seems like a "remove the chips from under the keyboard" (by chips = potatoes :D ) to solve this.

I was verifying that it wasn't a trackpad update for which I didn't watch "the show".

Best regards! (ツ)

Jun 14, 2021 10:58 AM in response to arnaudpaquet

Hi arnaudpaquet, thanks for posting this in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're looking for some clarity regarding your MacBook Pro's trackpad functions, and we'd be happy to help. If you've never experienced that type of action when using the trackpad, having it cleaned out would be the best route to take. However, if this always seem to occur, this might indeed be related to a specific gesture. For more information, please check out: MacBook Pro trackpad - Apple Support

Let us know if that helps.

Cheers!

MacbookPro's top-right portion of the trackpad seems to transform into a zoom function?...normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.