Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My stolen phone is no longer on my Find My Iphone.

Hi,

So my Iphone12 Pro got stolen on Wednesday.

I marked it as Stolen on Find My Iphone and initiated a remote wipe.

I just got a message (text) with a link saying my iphone is found and it sent me to Findmyiphone URL with a GPS-characters... My laptop said this was a dodgy link lol . http://www.icloud.com.gps-app.live/find/?auth=v91r18 but it seems its legit.

I can no longer see this iphone in the find my Iphone section. Only under my devices where I have no options.

1. Was this a legit message? It wanted me to input the code for the phone which I thought was suspect.
  2. Does the fact I cannot see it anymore in Find my iphone mean it is now deleted?

thanks

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 12:35 PM

Remote wipe means it is no longer associated with "Find my" however when someone else set-up the iPhone it will want a code before it allows them to continue.

The Web url doesn't belong to apple and doing a search on the ICANN domain lookup website shows the domain was created on 27th May 2021 and there are no owner details s they have withheld them from being published. No wonder since they are pretending to be Apple.

If you go to the Icann website and put the domain url icloud.com.gps-app.live you will find a link at the bottom to report abuse and you could forward that email you received so they know your reporting it.

As for your iPhone talk to apple to see what they can do to block it from use directly.

Ive sent an emails direct to the abuse address for the Provider of the domain name with a link to this forum page as a headsup in case it takes a while before you receive my suggestion in this response

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2021 12:35 PM in response to CorporateSpy

Remote wipe means it is no longer associated with "Find my" however when someone else set-up the iPhone it will want a code before it allows them to continue.

The Web url doesn't belong to apple and doing a search on the ICANN domain lookup website shows the domain was created on 27th May 2021 and there are no owner details s they have withheld them from being published. No wonder since they are pretending to be Apple.

If you go to the Icann website and put the domain url icloud.com.gps-app.live you will find a link at the bottom to report abuse and you could forward that email you received so they know your reporting it.

As for your iPhone talk to apple to see what they can do to block it from use directly.

Ive sent an emails direct to the abuse address for the Provider of the domain name with a link to this forum page as a headsup in case it takes a while before you receive my suggestion in this response

My stolen phone is no longer on my Find My Iphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.