Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm getting alerts that my iPhone was hacked

What do I do if I’m getting alerts that my phone was hacked. It is telling me to download and app is that safe

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 8:15 AM

Your phone has not been hacked unless you jailbroke it. The alerts are a scam to steal your money, your identity, or both. How are you receiving them? If they are calendar entries you got tricked into installing a rogue calendar.

If your phone has iOS 13 or earlier: Go to Settings/Passwords & Accounts, look under Subscribed Calendars, tap on the offending calendar and delete it.

If your phone has iOS 14: Go to Settings/Calendar/Accounts, Tap Subscribed Calendars, tap on the offending calendar and delete it.

And in the future beware of "free" offers

If they are coming some other way just delete and ignore them. Here’s more information→Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2021 8:15 AM in response to Emmaealy

Your phone has not been hacked unless you jailbroke it. The alerts are a scam to steal your money, your identity, or both. How are you receiving them? If they are calendar entries you got tricked into installing a rogue calendar.

If your phone has iOS 13 or earlier: Go to Settings/Passwords & Accounts, look under Subscribed Calendars, tap on the offending calendar and delete it.

If your phone has iOS 14: Go to Settings/Calendar/Accounts, Tap Subscribed Calendars, tap on the offending calendar and delete it.

And in the future beware of "free" offers

If they are coming some other way just delete and ignore them. Here’s more information→Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

I'm getting alerts that my iPhone was hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.