Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Sync deleted all my Voice Memos!

I recently opened my Voice Memos on my iPhone, and it popped up a message box asking me to turn on iCloud Sync for Voice Memos.

I said "yes", and it immediately deleted all of my voice memos.

They are completely gone.

***, Apple? Rule 1: DON'T DELETE MY STUFF!

iPhone X, software is up-to-date (14.6)

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 11:02 AM

Welcome BigRedRichard,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, after opening the Voice Memos app it asked you to sync with iCloud and when you did, it lost your memos. We'll do our best to assist.

When we start the syncing process, it may take some time for that syncing process to occur; depending on how large of a library you originally had on this device. If they haven't shown back up yet, we'd follow these steps:

1. If you were syncing with iCloud previously with Voice Memos, we'd check your other Apple devices to see if they are still showing up there. Restart all of your associated devices.
  2. Create a new backup: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
  3. Sign out of iCloud: Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac
  4. Restart your iPhone
  5. Sign back in to iCloud and give it some time to re-sync with the cloud and your device's library.
  6. Test the issue.

Should it persist, then we'd recommend to Contact Apple Support

Wishing you the best, cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2021 11:02 AM in response to BigRedRichard

Welcome BigRedRichard,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, after opening the Voice Memos app it asked you to sync with iCloud and when you did, it lost your memos. We'll do our best to assist.

When we start the syncing process, it may take some time for that syncing process to occur; depending on how large of a library you originally had on this device. If they haven't shown back up yet, we'd follow these steps:

1. If you were syncing with iCloud previously with Voice Memos, we'd check your other Apple devices to see if they are still showing up there. Restart all of your associated devices.
  2. Create a new backup: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
  3. Sign out of iCloud: Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac
  4. Restart your iPhone
  5. Sign back in to iCloud and give it some time to re-sync with the cloud and your device's library.
  6. Test the issue.

Should it persist, then we'd recommend to Contact Apple Support

Wishing you the best, cheers!

iCloud Sync deleted all my Voice Memos!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.