Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem playing Apple Music

When is Apple finally addressing this issue? I have restarted and resettled my homepod several times, still same issue. Not acceptable since Apple Music is a paid service, which is of limited use now!

HomePod

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 12:09 PM

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, HH22763.

We see that you're having some trouble with Apple Music and your HomePod. We'll be happy to see how we can help. To get started, we have some questions to better understand what's going on.

•Can you tell us what happens when you try to use Apple Music on your HomePod?

•Do you get similar behavior if you play the music on a different device or if you AirPlay to the HomePod?

•Are you getting any errors? If so, what are they?

We look forward to your response.

Cheers.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2021 12:09 PM in response to HH22763

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, HH22763.

We see that you're having some trouble with Apple Music and your HomePod. We'll be happy to see how we can help. To get started, we have some questions to better understand what's going on.

•Can you tell us what happens when you try to use Apple Music on your HomePod?

•Do you get similar behavior if you play the music on a different device or if you AirPlay to the HomePod?

•Are you getting any errors? If so, what are they?

We look forward to your response.

Cheers.

Jun 18, 2021 9:47 PM in response to mingoslkd

The HomePod is connected to wifi and can Ido I.e. the weather forecast. I can use Airplay from my phone to play Apple Music in the HomePod. The HomePod is connected with an AppleTV 4K. I had it several times restarted and several times set back to factory settings. When asking Siri to play (any) music, response is “I am playing xyz “ followed by “there is a problem with Apple Music”

Problem playing Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.