Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot retrieve emails on Yahoo/AT&T account

Because IPad is too old to be upgraded, it was not possible to verify account information on Yahoo mail and I cannot retrieve my emails on this device. Is there a workaround to allow me to continue to use email on this device since I have no problem with the device otherwise?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 8:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 1:39 AM

Are you using the native iPad Mail App to access your email - or another App that is no longer compatible with your iPad?

The native Mail App should still be able to access your Yahoo/AT&T mail account - as IMAP and POP3 mail protocols have not changed. However, be aware that your email provider is now very likely to require that you create (and use) an App Specific Password to access your email account.

In common with many other Mail providers (e.g., AOL, Google, Microsoft), Yahoo now use App Passwords to secure access to IMAP or POP3 mailboxes.

The Mail App on each of your devices, such as your iPad, requires a unique password to be generated from within the Yahoo account. This App password intentionally differs from your Yahoo account password - and can only be used to access your Yahoo mail.

More information can be found here:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2021 1:39 AM in response to Tataruth

Are you using the native iPad Mail App to access your email - or another App that is no longer compatible with your iPad?

The native Mail App should still be able to access your Yahoo/AT&T mail account - as IMAP and POP3 mail protocols have not changed. However, be aware that your email provider is now very likely to require that you create (and use) an App Specific Password to access your email account.

In common with many other Mail providers (e.g., AOL, Google, Microsoft), Yahoo now use App Passwords to secure access to IMAP or POP3 mailboxes.

The Mail App on each of your devices, such as your iPad, requires a unique password to be generated from within the Yahoo account. This App password intentionally differs from your Yahoo account password - and can only be used to access your Yahoo mail.

More information can be found here:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html

Cannot retrieve emails on Yahoo/AT&T account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.