Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6s wont reset

Hi - So I've tried to reset my iphone 6s - using the home button/power off whilst connected to a PC method. All that happens is the phone asks for the (forgotten) passcode and then locks for ever longer time.

I just want to reset to factory settings - but it's driving me mad - my son needs a phone asap.

I also tried to reset my Iphone 4 - just to give him something to use - but this one asks for his apple account details - and then when I put in the password says I need a six digit code- which never arrives, or is never asked for, Apple you are driving me mad trying to use my own products!!!

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 1:27 AM

thanks for your help - I didn't notice the 15 min download thing - so waited for the PC to download the software completely and now all good! Thanks

8 replies

Iphone 6s wont reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.