Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup Whatsapp Over Cellular Data

I have been looking for a solution but haven’t got a relevant answer so far. Every time when I get a new iPhone, i have to suffer from backing up Whatsapp. I am using Cellular Data over my iPhone and would like to backup my Whatsapp using cellular data only (NOT WiFi). I switched and toggle iCloud backup over Cellular data but still WhatsApp won’t backup and gives a message that waiting for a Wifi Connection…. And if I get a Wifi connection the backup is stuck on 19% for a week now. I have tried every single way to fix this issue but still it’s not resolved. Kindly suggest a proper fix, do not simply advise with already existing solutions over the internet everywhere which hardly works for anyone.

Thank you

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 2:05 PM

The file size is almost 30GB. I believe that shouldn’t be a problem because I am authorizing myself to go on cellular data and do the backup while knowing that my cellular data is unlimited and I don’t have a Wifi connection. Anyhow, thanks for the answer and I have raised the problem using the link provided by you.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2021 2:05 PM in response to deggie

The file size is almost 30GB. I believe that shouldn’t be a problem because I am authorizing myself to go on cellular data and do the backup while knowing that my cellular data is unlimited and I don’t have a Wifi connection. Anyhow, thanks for the answer and I have raised the problem using the link provided by you.

Jun 21, 2021 2:08 PM in response to Akrashee

You are far, far over the limit set for updating apps and doing backups which is currently 300MB. And you are far above what most cell service providers will let you transfer with your cellular data is unlimited or not. I would use the link I provided and also make a suggestion to your cell service provider.

Jun 21, 2021 2:57 PM in response to deggie

Is there any way to backup WhatsApp over iTunes without backing up the entire data of the iPhone? It really takes approximately 4 to 5 hours to backup on iTunes as my iPhone has data over 300GB. I tried to go in summary and look for backing up WhatsApp only but it seems like I have to backup the entire iPhone again. What do u suggest? I need to transfer my WhatsApp data from iPhone 11 pro max to iPhone 12 pro max. Any easy way?

Backup Whatsapp Over Cellular Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.