Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Menu bar, Dock etc not transparent in Big Sur (con't)

Still looking for an answer to this one: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252133644?login=true

I have the same issue. On one account the bar is transparent and on a newly created account on the same iMac it isn't.

iMac 24″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 9:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 4:26 AM

Suggest restarting in Safe Mode from Original User Account and Test. It does several behind the scenes action not requiring user interaction. It will load slowly - Normal. Once logged in run this mode for 5 - 7 minutes and Test for your issue. Does it manifest the problem in Safe Mode. If Yes, then there might be some software wise interfering with the normal operation of the OS.

Reason asking - mentioned this issue is not manifest in a newly created Account so. . . could be User Account issue or third party software playing up. The Safe Mode will help determine this.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2021 4:26 AM in response to JEL888

Suggest restarting in Safe Mode from Original User Account and Test. It does several behind the scenes action not requiring user interaction. It will load slowly - Normal. Once logged in run this mode for 5 - 7 minutes and Test for your issue. Does it manifest the problem in Safe Mode. If Yes, then there might be some software wise interfering with the normal operation of the OS.

Reason asking - mentioned this issue is not manifest in a newly created Account so. . . could be User Account issue or third party software playing up. The Safe Mode will help determine this.

Jun 26, 2021 7:06 PM in response to JEL888

Thanks! That's why is the issue. I can see under one user the if the image comes from something stored in the Apple Desktop folders or is a uniform colored background, the bar is transparent and in this case it's an image (.png file in my Picture folder) that doesn't cover the screen so Apple adds a color behind it and I assume that because there are two different colors, it makes a gray background versus transparent. I'll try to post what it looks like.

Menu bar, Dock etc not transparent in Big Sur (con't)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.