Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod - live stream reconnects every 15 min, continues after listening is done

Not a homepod user myself, but I work with live streaming providers and analyze streaming data. It looks like the most recent version(s) of the HomePod software will disconnect/reconnect to a live stream about every 15 minutes. That by itself is not so bad - but it also looks like the homepod will continue to make these connections for hours or days after listening is done. This eats up the homepod user's local network and internet bandwidth and is multiplying costs for stream providers that offer content to this platform.

I'm not sure there's a community solution for this - but I hope Homepod developers monitor the community and can correct this behavior.

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 5:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 7:02 AM

This is a user to user support forum. Please post your observations to Feedback - HomePod - Apple.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Homepod - live stream reconnects every 15 min, continues after listening is done

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.