Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files app isn’t responding/opening

Help me: My Files app isn’t working on my iPhone. I restarted it, even updated it to the latest version. Background: I opened a link that was sent by a guy that I recently met online. It was meant to help me with online trading. I opened the link on Safari browser, and a pop up opened up asking stating “This website is trying to download a configuration profile. Do you want to allow this?” I clicked “Allow.” I’m scared if the guy configured my iPhone profile (don’t know if that means he hacked my phone or can spy on my iPhone activities?). Secondly, I can’t open my Files app. It’s stuck with the “SPEEDCOIN” download, if I press “Done” or the share button it’s not responding. I can share Files when I share from WhatsApp though. Please help me. 

Below screenshots: 1. First one is the link when it opens on Safari and then I pressed the iOS button for download 2. Second is a screenshot when I opened the link *** in Safari browser (as mentioned in number 1) (that’s when I clicked “allow”). 3. Is the one when I opened the link on duck go browser. 4. Is my iPhone’s “Files” folder that is stuck and not responding. I can see that the “done” or share button gets highlighted when I press them, but it doesn’t respond. I tried to restart and updated to latest iOS update. 5. The fifth one is when I opened the link on Chrome browser and that configuration box popped up asking me to Download.

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 3:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 9:01 AM

Hello Ryanmat,

We understand that the Files app isn't responding as expected, and we'd like to see how we can help.

Just to confirm, are you experiencing an issue with any other applications not working as expected, or is this only happening with the Files app? If apps aren't responding as expected, the information and steps here may help: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

As for the configuration profile, if you go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management, do any profiles appear there? If so, this page outlines how to manage configuration profiles: Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone

Thanks!

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2021 9:01 AM in response to Ryanmat

Hello Ryanmat,

We understand that the Files app isn't responding as expected, and we'd like to see how we can help.

Just to confirm, are you experiencing an issue with any other applications not working as expected, or is this only happening with the Files app? If apps aren't responding as expected, the information and steps here may help: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

As for the configuration profile, if you go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management, do any profiles appear there? If so, this page outlines how to manage configuration profiles: Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone

Thanks!

Files app isn’t responding/opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.