Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14.6 notifications interfering with music and podcast play

Something new and annoying has been happening since updating my iPhone X to 14.6 three weeks ago.

If I am listening to Spotify or the native podcast app or an audiobook and get a push notification of any kind (including WhatsApp chat notifications), my music or podcast stops playing and does not resume until I press play again.

This never happened before the update to 14.6 but I can’t find any posts from people with similar problems.

note that this has nothing to do with a sound notification interrupting my audio, I do not have sound notifications on only visual previews on my locked screen.

Strangely enough the notifications do not cause any trouble when I am hooked up to CarPlay!

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 6:32 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 25, 2021 10:45 AM in response to emtopp

Hi emtopp,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with your notifications stopping the audio on your device. We'd like to help.

Have you restarted your iPhone since this issue started? If not, restarting and following the rest of these steps may help resolve the issue you're having with these 3 apps:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

Let us know if that helps.

Take care!

iOS 14.6 notifications interfering with music and podcast play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.