Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Account doesn't recognize password on iPad.

Mail Account doesn't recognize password on iPad. iPhone, mac mini are OK. I recently deleted RedAlerts infection. Also, I can't get rid of the "number" on the Message icon. It changed from 1 to 2 when I deleted the RedAlerts account.

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 4:47 PM

The easiest way to deal with mail issues is to delete the mail account power the iPad off and back on again, and then add the account back.

I'm not sure what you are referring to with an infection, and you do not indicate what you did except delete something.

5 replies

Jun 25, 2021 4:56 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I found the RedAlert email account on the list of mail accounts on my iPad Air. I was able to delete the account after reaching out to the Community. My email account is with AT&T, but the account on my iPad doesn't recognize my valid password, but my iPhones are OK as is my Mac Mini. I also can't remove the "number" on the icon that shows unread messages, and it changed from 1 to 2 when I deleted the RedAlert account. The iPad search process has slowed a lot since recently. Help!

Mail Account doesn't recognize password on iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.