Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No disk to install OS X Mountain Lion

So a family member thought they knew what they were doing but decided to mess up the computer so I am trying to restore it to normal and I can’t install mountain lion because I have no disc

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 10:11 AM

Mountain Lion will not run on a 2020 Mac (your signature says you have a 2020 Mac). You can only run Mountain Lion on a 2012 or older Mac.

Fall 2020 - Big Sur

Fall 2019 - Catalina

Fall 2018 - Mojave

Fall 2017 - High Sierra

Fall 2016 - Sierra

Fall 2015 - El Capitan

The 2015 release of El Capitan will run on any Mac that will also run Mountain Lion and it has additional features including syncing compatibility with the current iOS.

Is there an application you think only runs on Mountain Lion?

Use http://checkcoverage.apple.com to verify the age of your machine. Do not quote the serial number on the communities.

Macs can only run the system that was new at the time of their release up to their hardware limits. Once we know your model and vintage we can tell you your options.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2021 10:11 AM in response to Panther179

Mountain Lion will not run on a 2020 Mac (your signature says you have a 2020 Mac). You can only run Mountain Lion on a 2012 or older Mac.

Fall 2020 - Big Sur

Fall 2019 - Catalina

Fall 2018 - Mojave

Fall 2017 - High Sierra

Fall 2016 - Sierra

Fall 2015 - El Capitan

The 2015 release of El Capitan will run on any Mac that will also run Mountain Lion and it has additional features including syncing compatibility with the current iOS.

Is there an application you think only runs on Mountain Lion?

Use http://checkcoverage.apple.com to verify the age of your machine. Do not quote the serial number on the communities.

Macs can only run the system that was new at the time of their release up to their hardware limits. Once we know your model and vintage we can tell you your options.

No disk to install OS X Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.