Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I use NO passcode or Face ID to unlock my iPad/iPhone.....Can passcode for Apple wallet be independant?

I do not use a passcode to unlock my iPad or iPhone...but a passcode is required for apple wallet...Can I create a passcode for Apple wallet that doesn't make me have one to unlock my iPad/iPhone?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 12:16 PM

No. You need a passcode to unlock the iPhone to be able to use Wallet.

Its highly recommended to use a passcode and Face ID on an iPhone regardless , otherwise anyone can just pickup up your phone access it and all your data.

You can use super simple passcode if you want, and Face ID is entirely optional, though generally it unlocks the iPhone instantly, so it should not be a major issue in regular usage.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2021 12:16 PM in response to markonabicycle

No. You need a passcode to unlock the iPhone to be able to use Wallet.

Its highly recommended to use a passcode and Face ID on an iPhone regardless , otherwise anyone can just pickup up your phone access it and all your data.

You can use super simple passcode if you want, and Face ID is entirely optional, though generally it unlocks the iPhone instantly, so it should not be a major issue in regular usage.

I use NO passcode or Face ID to unlock my iPad/iPhone.....Can passcode for Apple wallet be independant?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.