Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

50% chance of carplay working in my car 2017 GLA250

I have changed cables (4x's), updated phone, turned off phone, turned off carplay, turned on carplay, went into restricted apps & turned off carplay, then turned on, forget car, re-add car. I only have a 50% chance of using carplay. If I use Waze, I cannot connect to carplay for the rest of the day & then the next day it usually connects. I have a better success rate if I connect Spotify. I removed Waze & added Google Maps. Which works about every 3rd day. I am frustrated.

I really love the idea of connecting my phone & putting it away. Being able to do everything with voice.

Do I need to buy an adapter to make wireless? Would that fix the problem?

I would rather have Waze than Google Maps, I cannot get Apple Maps to work at all.

Please help me!

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 11:30 PM

Try to look for answers in these communities --> Can you use Apple CarPlay in a Mercedes-Benz vehicle? and New GLA 250 owner extremely unsatisfied with CarPlay ...

Similar questions

2 replies

50% chance of carplay working in my car 2017 GLA250

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.