Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I circumnavigate upgrading my macOS 10.14.6 to connect to my iPhone iOS 14.6?

I do not want to upgrade my macOS because it will render several of my software useless. Is it possible to revert my iPhone iOS to a previous version?

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 11:32 AM

The update that is being installed is an update that allows the MacOS to recognize the newer iPhone versions. It is NOT a full OS update and it should in no way affect your other programs. If you read some of the associated articles they tell you to install the latest iTunes which should also install the driver update necessary to resolve the issue. I haven't tried that so I'm not sure if it will work.

As with all system updates, however, I would highly recommend that you run a Time Machine backup which will allow you to go back in the unlikely scenario where something stops working.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2021 11:32 AM in response to darrellwong

The update that is being installed is an update that allows the MacOS to recognize the newer iPhone versions. It is NOT a full OS update and it should in no way affect your other programs. If you read some of the associated articles they tell you to install the latest iTunes which should also install the driver update necessary to resolve the issue. I haven't tried that so I'm not sure if it will work.

As with all system updates, however, I would highly recommend that you run a Time Machine backup which will allow you to go back in the unlikely scenario where something stops working.

How do I circumnavigate upgrading my macOS 10.14.6 to connect to my iPhone iOS 14.6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.