Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Refurbished iPhone asking for another Apple ID.

So recently my mom purchased a refurbished iPhone 7 for me from an online seller. The problem is I am unable to download some apps directly from the App store.

Whenever I turn off/shut down my phone, it prompts me that I have to login with someone else's Apple ID to be able to use the App store properly (Download new apps). Ironically, the Apple ID it asks for is my mom's old Apple ID from when she used to work in her old company, which is quite strange since she has never touched this phone before so I'm not even sure why it asks for that information.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue or remove that old Apple ID since she no longer works there nor has owned this phone before. Thanks.

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 2:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 3:21 AM

You'll have to set back the phone to factory settings, and set it up again with the correct Apple ID.

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to factory settings

Make sure that the Activation Lock is no longer active before you start:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

If you can't remove the Activation Lock, contact Apple Support and make sure to have a purchase receipt, so they can unlock it.

Get Apple Support

Or give them a call:

Phone Number Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2021 3:21 AM in response to chxrry_

You'll have to set back the phone to factory settings, and set it up again with the correct Apple ID.

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to factory settings

Make sure that the Activation Lock is no longer active before you start:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

If you can't remove the Activation Lock, contact Apple Support and make sure to have a purchase receipt, so they can unlock it.

Get Apple Support

Or give them a call:

Phone Number Apple Support

Refurbished iPhone asking for another Apple ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.