You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard shortcut not working with Quick Action

Hello,

I created a simple Quick Action in Automator that archives a file, lets me rename it, and then automatically adds the date at the end. I tried to add a keyboard shortcut to it but it doesn't work. Everything I've seen in my Google search has come up a bust. Am I doing something wrong?

I've changed "workflow receives current" to "none" and that just breaks it. I saw that I should put "Run Shell Script" at the start and that also breaks it. I've added "Finder" and "Automator" to the Accessibility section in Privacy and Security and still nothing. Also, I read that command needs to be in the shortcut for it to work, and that still wasn't a solution. Am I out of luck?

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 8:13 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 9, 2021 8:41 AM in response to Steven_Cheak

Adding a keyboard shortcut should be easy. Are you sure you are doing the following:

1) Open System Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts and click on "Services"

2) Locate the Quick Action you just created

3) Click on "none" and a button "Add Shortcut" appears. Click it, then press the desired shortcut. Make sure to choose one that is not already in use.

Jul 9, 2021 9:01 AM in response to Steven_Cheak

Does the shortcut appear in System Preferences?

What happens when you try? Any error sound? Nothing at all? Does the shortcut appear next to your Quick Action in the Services menu?

It is better to use a shortcut that includes the Command key.

I prefer to add my shortcuts with multiple modifiers, like Command-Control-Option-U or Command-Control-Option-Shift-H.

Keyboard shortcut not working with Quick Action

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.