Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery max capacity drain.

Ive been using my iphone 11 regularly and bought it last November. Before the Ios 14.6 update my max capacity was 100%. Then it dropped to 99% i assumed this was fine. But now nearly every other day its dropping more. It dropped from 96% to 95% over night but when i restarted the phone it dropped to 94%. Surely this isn't right?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 4:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 5:05 AM

Yes, it IS right. Your battery health is perfectly normal. Batteries, of course, are consumable and begin to degrade the instant they are put into service. In the Battery Health setting take a look at the Peak Performance Capability. As long as it says “supporting normal peak performance” you have nothing to worry about. Your iPhone will alert you when it’s time to change the battery. The percentage has little to do with the lifetime of the battery. Apple recommends you consider servicing the battery when it reaches 80%.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 5:05 AM in response to MonsterMorg4n

Yes, it IS right. Your battery health is perfectly normal. Batteries, of course, are consumable and begin to degrade the instant they are put into service. In the Battery Health setting take a look at the Peak Performance Capability. As long as it says “supporting normal peak performance” you have nothing to worry about. Your iPhone will alert you when it’s time to change the battery. The percentage has little to do with the lifetime of the battery. Apple recommends you consider servicing the battery when it reaches 80%.

Battery max capacity drain.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.