Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR black screen. Unresponsive to reset.

My iPhone XR simple went black the other day. Not responding to reset buttons fix. Plays alarms. Even called emergency services, which was embarrassing as I couldn’t even hang up. Doesn’t respond to charging, I don’t think. Any solutions would be greatly received.

many thanks

iPauldf

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 12:10 PM

6 replies

Jul 14, 2021 3:22 AM in response to MrBill3

Thanks for your response, iPauldf,

Since your iPhone seems not entirely unresponsive, something else that you might want to try:

Please Choose your iOS version (for accuracy) at the top of the page that opens from clicking the link below, .

Force restart iPhone, if your iPhone is not responding:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/iphone/iph8903c3ee6/ios

All the best :)

Jul 12, 2021 11:40 PM in response to brbo

Thanks for your response. I’ve been all over the Apple website for solutions, with no luck. The alarm literally just went off. It’s clear that something is not working and something most definitely is. I can’t afford the massive payment of £374 for Apple to take a look at my out of warranty iPhone. Hoping that the Apple community knew of a way to solve this. Chirps when power lead is inserted.

iPhone XR black screen. Unresponsive to reset.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.