Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone disappears from My Computer after selecting "trust this computer"?

Hi,

I'd like to access my photos on my laptop for transferring. When I connect my iPhone 11 Pro with ISO 14.6 to my laptop with the USB cable, it registers under My Computer, but when I open the DCIM folder, it's empty. The "trust this computer?" pop-up appears on my phone and when I select trust, the iPhone just disappears from My Computer! This happens every single time, and on multiple PCs I’ve tried. The phone is not locked or in sleep mode. I tried many times... 😟 I've never had this problem before; the last time I did it (quite a while ago), I was able to open up DCIM and copy out my photos without issue.

I'm tried on several different versions of Windows 10 Professional. From version 1909 to 20H2.

ive removed and reinstalled iTunes. I’ve gone into device manager and reinstalled the Portable device drivers.

and I’ve reset the phones location and privacy settings in Settings > General > Reset.

It backs up in the iTunes fine.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 5:44 AM

Thank you for your reply SravanKrA. I've looked at all the links provided. And unfortunately none of these relates to my problem. I'm using official cables (something that I've always been a stickler for). The Phone does not disconnect or timeout when i'm syncing the device within iTunes.

The problem is solely related to the browsing of the internal storage and trying to access the DCIM folder within Windows File Explorer.

I have even tried a full restore of the iPhone (backup then restore) and this still is a problem.

I will have to contact support and raise a ticket then now.

:-(

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2021 5:44 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for your reply SravanKrA. I've looked at all the links provided. And unfortunately none of these relates to my problem. I'm using official cables (something that I've always been a stickler for). The Phone does not disconnect or timeout when i'm syncing the device within iTunes.

The problem is solely related to the browsing of the internal storage and trying to access the DCIM folder within Windows File Explorer.

I have even tried a full restore of the iPhone (backup then restore) and this still is a problem.

I will have to contact support and raise a ticket then now.

:-(

iPhone disappears from My Computer after selecting "trust this computer"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.