Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are the "settings" located on Apple TV HD?

I just bought the new Apple TV HD. I'm trying to review the current settings, to see what version of TvOS is installed, review privacy settings, etc., among other things. Every article tells you to "open Settings ," but I don't see on the TV screen (or the remote) anything resembling a "settings" button or app. Control Center doesn't seem to have anything.

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 1:01 AM

The Settings app should be on the Home Screen, with all the other icons for various services.

Press-and-hold Back/Menu to go to the Home Screen.

If you see just five icons on the Home Screen, then scroll down a bit to reveal more icons. One of the icons should look like the quoted icon; gray with a sprockets wheel. It should be available on every Apple TV.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2021 1:01 AM in response to John Martin5

The Settings app should be on the Home Screen, with all the other icons for various services.

Press-and-hold Back/Menu to go to the Home Screen.

If you see just five icons on the Home Screen, then scroll down a bit to reveal more icons. One of the icons should look like the quoted icon; gray with a sprockets wheel. It should be available on every Apple TV.

Where are the "settings" located on Apple TV HD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.