Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

big sur nef files desktop wallpaper

On my new iMac24 I've enabled desktop wallpaper from my Photos app as on a previous Catalina machine. However the Nikon .NEF files are completely pixelated on the desktop whereas they still show up nicely in the Photos app itself. The camera is a Nikon D7500 so is in the list of supported models by Apple.

Is it fixable?

Viv

iMac 24″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 7:03 AM

5 replies

Jul 15, 2021 10:59 AM in response to Keith Barkley

I've now called them and after 45 minutes trying lots of changes, no better yet. Now being escalated to a higher level for a call tomorrow. I expect they'll have me reinstall the operating system to try to fix it.

Definite disconnect between Photos (which works fine) and Desktop which pixelates only some photos, the RAW ones. More to follow but I hope no-one else is suffering the same problem.

Jul 16, 2021 9:23 AM in response to vhs25

I've now dealt with the top level of customer support (in Portugal) and spent around 2 hour in total, culminating in deleting all data, restoring Big Sur and reactivating the computer. The problem still remains and has now been escalated to the Operating System team as a known bug to be resolved in a later update.

Nice to know it wasn't me! Hope they sort it some time soon - I miss my wallpaper slide show.

big sur nef files desktop wallpaper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.