Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

game screen too large for my MacBook

I  have downloaded a game that i have been playing on my pc and i am trying to play on my mac but the display settings are incorrect and i cannot see the whole screen to be able to use all the functions. I downloaded it from the App Store on my MacBook. any ideas?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 10:32 AM

Sure ! Go to system preferences , then Display. Hold down the “ Option” key on your keyboard. You should see “scaled for screen”. Give that a try. You would also have to go into the game’s video/display settings and choose ‘windowed mode”.. depending on the size of your MacBook’s built in screen and video capabilities. Don’t know what model & year of Macbook you have so can ony give general suggestions

john b

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2021 10:32 AM in response to pjcala6

Sure ! Go to system preferences , then Display. Hold down the “ Option” key on your keyboard. You should see “scaled for screen”. Give that a try. You would also have to go into the game’s video/display settings and choose ‘windowed mode”.. depending on the size of your MacBook’s built in screen and video capabilities. Don’t know what model & year of Macbook you have so can ony give general suggestions

john b

game screen too large for my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.