Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit lightbulb preset colours - sync across Apple devices?

I have an iPhone XS and iPad Pro running iOS/iPadOS 14.6. iCloud sync is enabled for HomeKit. 

I am using the HomeKit app to control a Nanoleaf lightbulb via Bluetooth on both devices. (Not the Nanoleaf branded app).

Although the name and room of the bulb syncs across both devices, I’ve noticed that the 6 preset colours that are available for the bulb in the HomeKit app do not sync across the two devices. I’m referring to the 6 coloured circles in the attached photo.

e.g, if I edit these colours on the phone, those changes aren’t reflected on the iPad.

Just to be clear - there us no problem with controlling the bulb and its colour from both devices. The issue is just with syncing the presets.

Are these 6 preset colours supposed to sync between devices?

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 11:01 AM

It does work. It just didn’t work at first.

In fact, the same 6 presets apply to ALL bulbs.

So if you edit a preset colour for one bulb, that same preset colour is available across all bulbs. (Which is actually a bit inconvenient because you may want different presets per bulb…but I suppose there’s ‘Scenes’ for that.)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2021 11:01 AM in response to oology

It does work. It just didn’t work at first.

In fact, the same 6 presets apply to ALL bulbs.

So if you edit a preset colour for one bulb, that same preset colour is available across all bulbs. (Which is actually a bit inconvenient because you may want different presets per bulb…but I suppose there’s ‘Scenes’ for that.)

Jul 18, 2021 8:10 AM in response to oology

Update - talked to Apple Support, who implied that the presets are supposed to sync between devices, but it wasn't completely clear if they understood the issue I described.

Their only suggestions were 'reset all settings' and 'talk to NanoLeaf'.

I'm still curious if other people are able to sync these 6 presets between devices without problems?

HomeKit lightbulb preset colours - sync across Apple devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.