Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 iPad Pro and QuickTime player glitches, MacOS Crashes

I have iMac 27" (2019) + iPad Pro M1, it connected through original usb-c cable.

1) 

I use QuickTime player on MacOS to get my iPad sound. 

There is a loud buzz/hum, it happens every 15-30 seconds.

I'm able to get iPad sound, but this buzz/hum every 15 seconds is very loud. 

2)

I use Applications OBS and Streamlabs OBS for Live Stream my iPad Screen (Gameplay) on YouTube.

I was able to do 3 hour Live Stream,  but with huge sound problem above. 

Next day I tried same thing, but my MacOS just Crashed:

"Your computer was restarted because of a problem".

And now it happens every single time.  Once I connect iPad to Streamlabs OBS / OBS

it works for about 3-5 minutes, and after this MacOS just crashes and reboot (or sometimes freezes).

Earlier I had iPad Mini 5th (2019)  and I did same things without any problems.  System never crashed, and QuickTime didn't had this sound glitch/buzz/hum.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 3:12 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 19, 2021 8:19 AM in response to i_rina

Thanks for answer!

My iMac 27" (2019) have 24gb RAM installed: 4gb+4gb installed by Apple, + I bought by myself and installed additional 8gb+8gb RAM. I use iMac for 2 years and never had problems with this RAM.

Today I tried to do:

• I did SMC reset and NVRAM reset
  • I uninstalled all RAM which I bought by myself, and keep only original Apple 8gb RAM
  • I increased CPU Fans speed to maximum, to keep CPU Temperature Low

After this I was able to Live Stream my iPad Screen for 3 hours without any crashes.

But still I had QuickTime sound glitch with M1 iPad.

I open QuickTime - File - New Audio Recording. I select my M1 iPad.

There is No Apps opened on my iPad, only Home screen with No sounds:

But every 30 seconds is very loud sound glitch (buzz, hum) appears:

If I connect my iPad Mini 5 (2019) - There is No sound glitches with QuickTime, only clear sound.

Also I found that not only me, but other people had absolutely the same problem with M1 iPad + QuickTime player:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252791552

And like in this thread, for me it happens every 30 seconds too.

I don't know how to fix it, my previous iPad mini is Wi-Fi model, it don't have problems with QuickTime.

My M1 iPad is Wi-Fi + Cellular 5G model, and it have sound glitch.

Jul 18, 2021 8:21 AM in response to Divergent0

Hey Divergent0,

Thanks for posting your question in Apple Support Communities.

There could be several causes for the issues that you are having with your audio and streaming iPad sound. Could you provide some additional information about your Mac such as the amount of RAM it has installed? Usually if the Mac is experiencing a heavy workload (Such as simultaneously streaming, recording, and playing sounds from the iPad) it can cause the Mac to crash and shut down/restart.

A few things you could try would be to reset your SMC using the steps in this article: How to reset the SMC of your Mac.

Also, try resetting the NVRAM on the Mac using this article: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac.

Best Wishes.

Jul 21, 2021 12:12 AM in response to Divergent0

I found that a lot of people have absolutely the same problem with buzz/hum sound in QuickTime every 30 seconds.

They discuss it in this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252832889

In the thread above someone marked problem like "solved", but this problem not solved at all.

That's a huge problem for a lot of people, we can't record iPad Sound with QuickTime because of this buzz/hum glitch which happens every 30 seconds.

Some people have already tried to contact Apple support, but it seems that it did not bring any results at this moment.

Please don't mark this thread like "solved", because it's not solved.

If I find a solution of a problem, I will definitely write it here.

M1 iPad Pro and QuickTime player glitches, MacOS Crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.