Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not download iMovie in App store on Big sur

Hi

Today I installed Big Sur since iMovie did not work in older version. Now I can not download iMovie from Appstore. I have deleted iMove and the cache files but the only thing happening when downloading in AppStore is.... nothing...looks like Appstore is trying but nothing happens.

Please help. I really need iMove..

Best regards xzj77

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 8:06 AM

In order to download iMovie you would need to log into the app store with the Apple I.D. that you have been using. Are you saying that you can open the app store but it will not recognize your Apple I.D? Can you describe what happens when you try to log in? Any error message? Have you tried clicking on Apple Logo/App store? Perhaps you are already logged in.

Assuming that you can log in, here is a procedure that should work to download the current version of iMovie: To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the

trash. Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2021 8:06 AM in response to xzj77

In order to download iMovie you would need to log into the app store with the Apple I.D. that you have been using. Are you saying that you can open the app store but it will not recognize your Apple I.D? Can you describe what happens when you try to log in? Any error message? Have you tried clicking on Apple Logo/App store? Perhaps you are already logged in.

Assuming that you can log in, here is a procedure that should work to download the current version of iMovie: To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the

trash. Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

Jul 19, 2021 3:25 PM in response to Rich839

I meant the older version of the OS, think it was Catalina.? Tried first to open iMovie with Catalina but my computer said I had to install Big Sur. I did and I then had to update iMovie. I can no longer log in to App Store and I can not download iMovie.

I hope you understand what I mean, I am not very good at technical terms in English..

Can not download iMovie in App store on Big sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.