Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why are my airpods constantly switching between two devices.

Apple. I purchased brand new airpods. I didn't get refurbs. I didn't damage them. I also purchased a new (at the time) 2019 macbook air, and a new (at the time SE2) because both my computer and phone were updated out of existence. that's a grand total of over $2000. my current vehicle's kelly blue book value is $1500. My car is a 1999 model and it still works. I don't have to 'update it' constantly. it works. Why do my headphones no longer work as expected? If I have one device on and connected, and turn on a second device my headphones will constantly connect - then switch - the the new device - then back. This did NOT happen before I recently updated my phone. Did you not test the devices you say you support? I work in development for a software company. when we push a new version update we create a list of supported devices and make SURE that they are thoroughly tested. have you failed to do this? I see that I am not alone in my frustration and I also see that the 'support' you provide is comical at best. For future reference, I HAVE turned it off and turned it on again.

iPhone SE, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 1:19 PM

You haven’t told us which AirPods, which devices, etc.

Anyway, see “Turn off automatic switching” here if you wish.

Switch your AirPods to another device - Apple Support

And by the way, I and nearly everyone here are not “Apple”.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 19, 2021 3:31 PM in response to sberman

ahh yes! that's great! I tried to select which devices with the drop down selector but I was not able to find or select all my devices! as for you not being apple - great! then the sarcasm isn't directed toward you. Thats even better!! the most profitable company in the world can't afford to have a proper support channel! I suppose I'll probably transition away from apple in the future.

why are my airpods constantly switching between two devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.