Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to LOCATE a file. Spotlight shows me the file but I still do not have any idea of where it is!!!!

I have a macbook pro and am trying to LOCATE a file. Spotlight is useless because it shows me the file but I still have no idea of it's location. So spotlight is mostly useless to me.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 5:55 PM

Click on the result in spotlight once, and then hold down the Command key. It will show the location below the preview

link-> Search with Spotlight on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 26, 2021 1:29 PM in response to Peter dErrico

The font color is controlled by the System Display mode. If you have it set to dark mode, it will be white.

If using Light mode, it will be black. If the image background is also white, you may need to extend the Spotlight window down so the image does not reach to the bottom, that way the text will show up on the dark background.,

How to LOCATE a file. Spotlight shows me the file but I still do not have any idea of where it is!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.