Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HBO Max Subscription through iTunes not working

I have an active iTunes subscription to HBO Max. Today, I was signed out and Apple TV is no longer listed as a provider under HBO Max. Clicking “Restore Purchase” tells me “Can’t Verify Your Subscription - Sorry, we couldn’t find a subscription for you in iTunes”. I checked my subscriptions and I can see I have a renewing subscription to “HBO on Apple TV”, it is currently active through August 15.

Any idea what is going on?

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 11:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 5:25 PM

HBO has decided to no longer integrate with Apple TV subscriptions. https://appleinsider.com/articles/21/07/22/apple-refunding-hbo-subscribers-offers-hbo-max-discount

Not sure if that is the reason in your situation.

Similar questions

10 replies

Jul 22, 2021 5:58 PM in response to mongo_mango

Hello mongo_mango,

We see that you're experiencing some problems accessing your subscription and are happy to advise.

What device are you attempting to access this subscription through? Have you installed the corresponding app for HBO Max on that device and signed in? Are you able to access the content in this way? This will be necessary in order to access this subscription on your devices.

Cheers!

Jul 25, 2021 6:21 PM in response to senorbunch

senorbunch wrote:

having the same issue. only bought hbo max to watch a specific movie tonight and this is happening across my iphone and apple tv.

weak, apple.

Try reading the news before trashing Apple. HBO pulled out of the deal as of 7/22/2021. Apple will be issuing refunds to those with subscriptions. You will now have to subscribe directly to HBO MAX via the HBO MAX app if you wish to continue using it. If you want to throw mud at somebody throw it at HBO. They did this, not Apple. And HBO has not offered an explanation as to why they decided to pull out of the iTunes integration deal, they just did it.

But I assume we’ll not hear another word from you, will we.

HBO Max Subscription through iTunes not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.