Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage full

I’m getting notifications that my storage is full but even after purchasing more gigs, this is still a problem. My emails and texts won’t load.

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 5:50 PM

Are you getting an error that your iPhone storage is full?

If so, purchasing additional iCloud storage will not help: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206504

If your iPhone storage is low, you need to delete stuff.

4 replies

Jul 22, 2021 5:55 PM in response to LexyJuneman

LexyJuneman Said:

"Storage full: I’m getting notifications that my storage is full but even after purchasing more gigs, this is still a problem. My emails and texts won’t load."

-------

Try Clearing Space:

Internal storage is not increasable. It is what it is. You have purchased iCloud storage. So, what you need to do is rid of particular items. Here is what to consider ridding of...

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also..

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storages named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.

Jul 22, 2021 5:57 PM in response to LexyJuneman

LexyJuneman wrote:

I’m getting notifications that my storage is full but even after purchasing more gigs, this is still a problem. My emails and texts won’t load.

You can’t purchase more storage for your iPhone; it will never have more storage than it did when you bought it. You probably purchased iCloud storage, which is used for syncing and backing up. See→What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

Storage full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.