Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone now hangs doing just about anything

Ever since I upgraded my iPhone 6s to OS14, the phone has slowed down to tortoise speed. Every time I want to look at emails, it has to reload the mailboxes, and won’t show any emails until it has done this. It sometimes takes many minutes just to see my email inbox, and accessing an email takes even longer. Updating my apps is now unbelievably slow. Where before, a dozen could update in a minutes or less, now there is barely 1 every 10 minutes. I could go on - every process is now a tortuously slow inefficient load. What has gone wrong, and can I uninstall the OS? Each successive OS update has worsened the problem.

My phone has 128GB capacity, and currently has about 50% used. I have cut the background app refresh to absolute minimum (not that it was ever a problem before) and it has made not one jot of difference to the cranky slow functionality

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 12:41 PM

Apple does not support downgrading, so you will need to look for other solutions. Have you restarted the phone since the upgrade? You might also try a Forced Restart...

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies

iPhone now hangs doing just about anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.