You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Library damage in FcpX after relaunch

This morning when launching FcpX it started with "open library" witch it haven't before due to when I finish a project I move it to external drive.

So start a new library and everything is alright

After relaunch FcpX the icon for the event folder is gone and can not open it,

Why is this happening? Did have a OS update the other day but have used FcpX after that without this issue.

What's more strange is it before, when you started a new library it started a event with todays date and now it start a event with the same name as the library. Have it bin any resent updates on FcpX last few days?

Thank you in advance for all help I can get....

I have a workaround, when I relaunch it an it says "the library is damage" I just click ok and start a new event, and that event stays when I relaunch again

Kind Regards

Magnus

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 3:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 3:58 PM

Hi Luis

I named it “test” and fcpx gave the extension witch it haven’t before so that’s new.

have reinstalled OS and are downloading fcpx now and hope it was something in OS that caused it, let’s see if it fixed it or not

Similar questions

16 replies

Jul 25, 2021 5:33 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi,

When I open FcpX after the reset it opens as before the reset, means with the dialog box " open library" even if I don't have any library on the disk to open.

It have full disk access

When I do my edit I have everything for the project on my local disk, when I'm done after exported I move the whole folder to extern drive.

Hope this give you a clue what goes on...

Kind Regards

Magnus

Jul 25, 2021 3:46 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom,

OS 11.5

FcpX 10.5.4

Have tried to reset preferences

Have restarted the computer and have uninstalled and reinstalled FcpX I'm out of ideas.

It opens older library without any problems it only when I create a new library it seems to be damaged from start

What confuses me is that it not starting the event with dates, and when it is relaunching and I start a new event that one stays

Kind Regards

Magnus

Jul 25, 2021 4:22 AM in response to Magnus-9

What opens after you reset the preferences?

Does the application have Full Disk Access in Privacy System Preferences?

Is everything stored in standard locations, Applications, Movies folder?

Please post an EtreCheck report  https://etrecheck.com  giving the application full disk access from  System  Preferences. When it finishes the scan, click Share Report and choose "Copy Report"; then paste in the additional text box in your reply. 

Jul 25, 2021 5:49 AM in response to Magnus-9

First, switch off Malwarebytes. Run it manually to check your system, especially if something weird is happening. Do not run it continuously; it will interfere with other processes.

Completely delete the fan controls application. It shouldn't run on an M1 Mac. If the fans are spinning up a lot there may be a hardware problem. I think I've heard mine twice, slightly, in four months.

I can't see anything else that might cause a problem.

Jul 25, 2021 5:59 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Mac fan is gone! Thank you for the heads up!

Malwarebyte is closed and will follow your recommendation and run it manually in the future.

Make a call for apple support tomorrow and see if they have any good clue..

Thank you for trying to help out , guess I have to do my workaround until I get this sorted kinda need to keep working :(

Library damage in FcpX after relaunch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.