Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email contents not showing in OS, but iOS

I have been having an ongoing problem with the contents of received email from email groups, such as from vendors. When I receive the email overnight and open the email upon awaking and opening them on my iMac, the content is blank and doesn't show anything. Sometimes it even says that the email has no content.

However, when I open the same email on one of my iOS devices, everything in the email shows up.

Also, it shows up on my MacBookPro. That seems to tell me that there's some box not check or something like that.

Solution? Suggestions?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 7:49 AM

9 replies

Jul 25, 2021 8:11 AM in response to Gr8fulted

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

If you have no POP accounts & they’re all IMAP accounts then in Mail’s Mailbox menu choose Rebuild.

Email contents not showing in OS, but iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.