Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMAP accounts appear inside Mail inbox

I have multiple email accounts which work fine on MacBook Pro [High Sierra] and iPhone [iOS 14.6] but with my new iMac [Catalina], two whole IMAP accounts are appearing inside the Inbox rather than in the normal accounts down the sidebar. My other IMAP & Gmail accounts are appearing normally in the sidebar. Can't find anything else on this topic.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 8:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 9:15 AM

schmuncle wrote:

I have multiple email accounts which work fine on MacBook Pro [High Sierra] and iPhone [iOS 14.6] but with my new iMac [Catalina], two whole IMAP accounts are appearing inside the Inbox rather than in the normal accounts down the sidebar. My other IMAP & Gmail accounts are appearing normally in the sidebar. Can't find anything else on this topic.

Spin the carrot to reveal all within the inbox ie individual accounts:

If you do not see what you want add it in, move the mouse to the right hand side to reveal the hidden options to add...+/⩒

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Mail User Guide - Apple Support

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 9:15 AM in response to schmuncle

schmuncle wrote:

Spin the carrot to reveal all within the inbox ie individual accounts:

If you do not see what you want add it in, move the mouse to the right hand side to reveal the hidden options to add...+/⩒

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Mail User Guide - Apple Support

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Jul 26, 2021 3:33 AM in response to schmuncle

There is a "Favorites" section at the top that could include the inboxes for these accounts, or even "All Inboxes", which comes in very handy. But the accounts will still appear down there in the Sidebar.

Look for them. They may be twirled closed. Click the little disclosure mark (or perhaps the word "Show"; my mac is running Big Sur and I am not sure how this appeared in Catalina anymore)

IMAP accounts appear inside Mail inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.