Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard Broken (Again) and They won't Fix It under warranty

The notorious butterfly keyboard issue was fixed 2.5 years ago due to being defective and the huge outcry Apple received. Since they attempted to fix it the problem has persisted and now I have a broken keyboard again. I've gone into the store and they said they agree it's a continious problem and to call 1-800-APL-CARE and tell them so they can have the issue covered and fixed under warranty.

When I called they didn't agree to fix the issue under warranty and now I want the Apple communities help on what to do as it was defective, repaired 70%, then broke again, and now they don't want to fix the issue.

The fine print details: Bought computer in Dec. 2016, Repaired in September 2018, Issue came back January 2020, Just now was able to re-enter an Apple store.

Please advise...

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 1:10 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Jul 26, 2021 1:16 PM in response to Garagesalestracker

You can call back AppleCare and ask to speak to customer relations.

You can buy an external keyboard.

We are just end users here.

Keep in mind AppleCare does have a plan which now includes accident coverage. Spills, drops are covered a limited number of times with accident coverage.

If you are certain who had their hands on the computer, and you never had a liquid accident, and they won't repair it because of liquid issues, suggest the possibility to them that condensation could have created a problem, if they say they notice liquid damage.

The major problem with laptops is that the whole top case often has to be replaced, and you can risk your data in the procedure. So be mindful of that before sending it back.

Keyboard Broken (Again) and They won't Fix It under warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.