Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can I see location, but not device?

In Find My, I can see my daughter’s location, but not her device in the device list.

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 6:57 PM

I wanted to check as many adults use their Apple ID for their children. If she is in Dad's Family Share, where does that put you? While the two of you would be able to share location similar to what Find My Friends used to be, that is now listed as People. You should be able to see here there if she is sharing her location with you. You would only see the person listed under Devices if they are signed into the same Apple ID as you.

I guess my last question is if you and she are in the same Family Share? Otherwise you are going to have to explain this relationship a little clearer for me to provide any additional information. You mention daughter, then dad, then the phone bill, which has nothing to do with what you can share. Then I'm not sure what "sound option" you are referring to.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2021 6:57 PM in response to jolynne21

I wanted to check as many adults use their Apple ID for their children. If she is in Dad's Family Share, where does that put you? While the two of you would be able to share location similar to what Find My Friends used to be, that is now listed as People. You should be able to see here there if she is sharing her location with you. You would only see the person listed under Devices if they are signed into the same Apple ID as you.

I guess my last question is if you and she are in the same Family Share? Otherwise you are going to have to explain this relationship a little clearer for me to provide any additional information. You mention daughter, then dad, then the phone bill, which has nothing to do with what you can share. Then I'm not sure what "sound option" you are referring to.

Why can I see location, but not device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.