Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone else suffered a keyboard recognition/identification issue? After updating to 11.5.1 my Mac will no longer accept my keyboard, rendering my computer unusable. The keyboard setup assistant refuses to recognise it.

Has anyone suffered keyboard recognition/identification issues after upgrading to OS 11.5.1? my keyboard setup assistant refuses to recognise it.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 6:52 PM

Reset the NVRAM and SMC, and reboot through Safe Mode, and try your testing again.

This might require using a wired keyboard, or connecting an Apple wireless keyboard via the Lightning cable.

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2021 6:52 PM in response to OnceOff

Reset the NVRAM and SMC, and reboot through Safe Mode, and try your testing again.

This might require using a wired keyboard, or connecting an Apple wireless keyboard via the Lightning cable.

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Has anyone else suffered a keyboard recognition/identification issue? After updating to 11.5.1 my Mac will no longer accept my keyboard, rendering my computer unusable. The keyboard setup assistant refuses to recognise it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.